- 1 Why I should visit Ethiopia?
- 2 What is so special about Ethiopia?
- 3 Is Ethiopia dangerous to visit?
- 4 What should I know before going to Ethiopia?
- 5 What is Ethiopia famous for?
- 6 Are Ethiopian beautiful?
- 7 Who is the most beautiful girl in Ethiopia?
- 8 Who is the most famous person in Ethiopia?
- 9 What Bible says about Ethiopia?
- 10 What is the highest paying job in Ethiopia?
- 11 What is the main food in Ethiopia?
- 12 Is Addis Ababa safe at night?
- 13 Is Ethiopia expensive for tourists?
- 14 Why are things more expensive in Ethiopia?
- 15 How much money can I take to Ethiopia?
Why I should visit Ethiopia?
Africa is renowned for its wildlife, and Ethiopia is home to many of its more unique, lesser-known animal species, like the Gelada baboon, the mountain nyala, the Ethiopian wolf and the Walia ibex. This is also an exceptional spot for birdwatchers with some 850 bird species, many of which are endemic to this country.
What is so special about Ethiopia?
It has the largest population of any landlocked country in the world. With mountains over 4,500 meters high, Ethiopia is the roof of Africa. The source of the Nile with its gigantic waterfalls is also located here. Ethiopia also has a special status from a religious perspective.
Is Ethiopia dangerous to visit?
Crime, kidnapping, armed conflict, and the potential for ethnic conflict exist near the Ethiopian borders with Sudan and South Sudan. Visit our website for Travel to High-Risk Areas. Terrorists, particularly Al-Shabaab, maintain a presence in this area, and ethnic conflict has been reported. 6
What should I know before going to Ethiopia?
20 Things to Know Before you Visit Ethiopia
- Save on flights by booking with Ethiopian Airways.
- If this is your first time visiting, focus your efforts on the North or South of Ethiopia.
- Only book tours and transfers in advance if you are short on time.
- Pack the essentials, especially if leaving the cities.
What is Ethiopia famous for?
Ethiopia is known as the Cradle of Mankind, with some of the earliest ancestors found buried in the soil. Lucy (3.5 million years old), the most famous fossils found, were unearthed in Hadar. Ethiopia remains one of the only nations in Africa never to be colonized.
Are Ethiopian beautiful?
Ethiopian women are by far some of the most beautiful women in the world. Some say that their beauty results from the mixing of ancient Yemeni people with the Ethiopians. Regardless, their features are unique and incredibly attractive. They have intriguing faces and voluptuous bodies that are unrivaled.
Who is the most beautiful girl in Ethiopia?
20 Most Beautiful Ethiopian Women with Perfect Facial Features
- Yordanos Teshager. We are starting with Yordanos Teshager as one of the known most beautiful Ethiopian women known.
- Lola Monroe.
- Gelila Bekele.
- Helen Getachew.
- Tirunesh Dibaba.
- Zewdy Awalom.
- Melkam Micael Endale.
- Yityish Aynaw.
Who is the most famous person in Ethiopia?
The following list is of 20 of the most famous and best known Ethiopian celebrities both in Ethiopia and internationally.
- The Weekend. image credit: people.com.
- Haile Gebresellassie. image credit: standard.co.uk.
- Liya Kebede.
- Ruth Nega.
- Aster Aweke.
- Kenenisa Bekele.
- Marcus Samuelsson.
- Tirunesh Dibaba.
What Bible says about Ethiopia?
Psalms 68:31 – Princes shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands unto God. 2 Chronicles 14:9-15 – And there came out against them Zerah the Ethiopian with an host of a thousand thousand, and three hundred chariots; and came unto Mareshah.
What is the highest paying job in Ethiopia?
- Surgeons / Doctors. Salary Range: from 16,200 ETB to 51,600 ETB.
- Judges. Salary Range: from 13,600 ETB to 43,400 ETB.
- Lawyers. Salary Range: from 11,000 ETB to 35,100 ETB.
- Bank Managers. Salary Range: from 10,400 ETB to 33,000 ETB.
- Chief Executive Officers.
- Chief Financial Officers.
- College Professors.
What is the main food in Ethiopia?
Below are 10 more essential Ethiopian dishes:
- Injera (sourdough flatbread)
- Tibs (sautéed meat chunks)
- Shiro be Kibbe (legume stew)
- Berbere (typical spice blend)
- Kitfo ( Ethiopian beef tartare)
- Tej (an alcoholic honey beverage)
Is Addis Ababa safe at night?
In Addis Ababa, major streets are generally safe at night. One problem, especially near Meskel Square and Churchill Avenue, are packs of stray dogs that may gang up on you, follow you around, bark at you, and even charge at you. Blackouts are frequent nights.
Is Ethiopia expensive for tourists?
A vacation to Ethiopia for one week usually costs around ETB18,115 for one person. So, a trip to Ethiopia for two people costs around ETB36,230 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs ETB72,461 in Ethiopia. If you travel slower over a longer period of time then your daily budget will also go down.
Why are things more expensive in Ethiopia?
The Ethiopian Revenues and Customs Authority says both commercial and private vehicles imported into the country can be subjected to five different types of taxes. Once all taxes are added to an imported car’s price tag, it could cost nearly three times more than the retail price in its country of origin.
How much money can I take to Ethiopia?
Visitors to Ethiopia may hold up to a maximum of 1,000 Ethiopian birr per trip to and from Ethiopia and must declare all foreign currency exceeding the equivalent of $3,000 when entering the country. Residents of Ethiopia may not hold foreign currency for more than 30 days after declaring it.