- 1 What should I know before going to Ethiopia?
- 2 Is Ethiopia dangerous for tourists?
- 3 What is Ethiopia like to visit?
- 4 What is the most visited place in Ethiopia?
- 5 How dangerous is Addis Ababa?
- 6 Is Ethiopia expensive for tourists?
- 7 Who is the most beautiful girl in Ethiopia?
- 8 What is the highest paying job in Ethiopia?
- 9 Is Ethiopia famous for anything?
- 10 Are drugs legal in Ethiopia?
- 11 How much money can I take to Ethiopia?
- 12 Why are things more expensive in Ethiopia?
- 13 What is the beautiful city in Ethiopia?
- 14 What is the best time to visit Ethiopia?
- 15 Is Ethiopia a beautiful country?
What should I know before going to Ethiopia?
20 Things to Know Before you Visit Ethiopia
- Save on flights by booking with Ethiopian Airways.
- If this is your first time visiting, focus your efforts on the North or South of Ethiopia.
- Only book tours and transfers in advance if you are short on time.
- Pack the essentials, especially if leaving the cities.
Is Ethiopia dangerous for tourists?
Ethiopia is remarkably safe – most of the time. Serious or violent crime is rare, and against travellers it’s extremely rare. Outside the capital, the risk of petty crime drops still further. A simple tip for travellers: always look as if you know where you’re going.
What is Ethiopia like to visit?
Arid plains, spectacular mountains, lush green areas, and vast lakes define Ethiopia’s scenic landscapes. The country boasts 70% of the mountains on the African continent. Whether you are in the Semien Mountains or the Danakil Depression, every corner of the country offers a view pleasant to the eyes.
What is the most visited place in Ethiopia?
10 Best and Most Incredible Places to Visit in Ethiopia
- Simien Mountains. Nestled in the highlands of northern Ethiopia you will find the spectacular Simien Mountains.
- Rock-Hewn Churches of Lalibela.
- The Holy City of Harar.
- Addis Ababa.
- Blue Nile Falls.
- Arba Minch.
How dangerous is Addis Ababa?
Violent crime in Addis Ababa is fortunately rare, particularly where visitors are concerned. However, petty theft and confidence tricks are problematic. The Merkato has the worst reputation for pickpockets – targeting foreigners and Ethiopians. Don’t let any of this scare you, though – Addis is generally very safe.
Is Ethiopia expensive for tourists?
A vacation to Ethiopia for one week usually costs around ETB18,115 for one person. So, a trip to Ethiopia for two people costs around ETB36,230 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs ETB72,461 in Ethiopia. If you travel slower over a longer period of time then your daily budget will also go down.
Who is the most beautiful girl in Ethiopia?
20 Most Beautiful Ethiopian Women with Perfect Facial Features
- Yordanos Teshager. We are starting with Yordanos Teshager as one of the known most beautiful Ethiopian women known.
- Lola Monroe.
- Gelila Bekele.
- Helen Getachew.
- Tirunesh Dibaba.
- Zewdy Awalom.
- Melkam Micael Endale.
- Yityish Aynaw.
What is the highest paying job in Ethiopia?
- Surgeons / Doctors. Salary Range: from 16,200 ETB to 51,600 ETB.
- Judges. Salary Range: from 13,600 ETB to 43,400 ETB.
- Lawyers. Salary Range: from 11,000 ETB to 35,100 ETB.
- Bank Managers. Salary Range: from 10,400 ETB to 33,000 ETB.
- Chief Executive Officers.
- Chief Financial Officers.
- College Professors.
Is Ethiopia famous for anything?
Ethiopia is known as the Cradle of Mankind, with some of the earliest ancestors found buried in the soil. Lucy (3.5 million years old), the most famous fossils found, were unearthed in Hadar. Ethiopia is home to 9 UNESCO World Heritage sites, more than any other country in Africa.
Are drugs legal in Ethiopia?
Cannabis in Ethiopia is illegal, and possession of cannabis can result in up to 6 months imprisonment.
How much money can I take to Ethiopia?
Visitors to Ethiopia may hold up to a maximum of 1,000 Ethiopian birr per trip to and from Ethiopia and must declare all foreign currency exceeding the equivalent of $3,000 when entering the country. Residents of Ethiopia may not hold foreign currency for more than 30 days after declaring it.
Why are things more expensive in Ethiopia?
The Ethiopian Revenues and Customs Authority says both commercial and private vehicles imported into the country can be subjected to five different types of taxes. Once all taxes are added to an imported car’s price tag, it could cost nearly three times more than the retail price in its country of origin.
What is the beautiful city in Ethiopia?
Situated on the outskirts of the famous Lake Tana, 600km north of Addis Ababa, Bahir Dar is the third largest and arguably the most beautiful city in Ethiopia.
What is the best time to visit Ethiopia?
The best time to visit Ethiopia is Sep-April, but particularly at either end of the rains – in April, when the land is dry and barren, or as it flourishes again in Sep-Oct. This green season is also best for highland wildlife. Rains replenish the Omo Valley even sooner – so travel Nov-Mar or Jun-Sep.
Is Ethiopia a beautiful country?
Ethiopia offers some of the most extraordinary landscapes anywhere in Africa. From the jagged-peaks of the Simien Mountains, the thick afro-alpine forests of the Bale Mountains, or the kaleidoscopic acid springs of the Danakil Depression – it’s one of the most beautiful countries in the world.