- 1 What line of latitude is Ethiopia?
- 2 What is the approximate latitude and longitude of Ethiopia?
- 3 What is the degree of latitude of Addis Ababa?
- 4 Where exactly is Ethiopia located?
- 5 What UTM zone is Ethiopia in?
- 6 What are the four main seasons in Ethiopia?
- 7 What is the largest region in Ethiopia?
- 8 What is the smallest region in Ethiopia?
- 9 What is the meaning of latitude?
- 10 What is the climate of Ethiopia?
- 11 Why is Ethiopia so special?
- 12 Is Ethiopia poor or rich?
- 13 What is Ethiopia famous for?
What line of latitude is Ethiopia?
Ethiopia lies between the Equator and Tropic of Cancer, between the 30 N and 150N Latitude or 330 E and 480 E Longitude.
What is the approximate latitude and longitude of Ethiopia?
Ethiopia is located at latitude 9.145 and longitude 40.489673. It is part of Africa and the northern hemisphere.
What is the degree of latitude of Addis Ababa?
The latitude of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia is 9.005401, and the longitude is 38.763611. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia is located at Ethiopia country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 9° 0′ 19.4436” N and 38° 45′ 48.9996” E.
Where exactly is Ethiopia located?
Ethiopia is located in the Horn of Africa. It is bordered by Eritrea to the north, Djibouti and Somalia to the east, Sudan and South Sudan to the west, and Kenya to the south.
What UTM zone is Ethiopia in?
WGS 84 / UTM zone 37N.
What are the four main seasons in Ethiopia?
- Kiremt or Meher (summer) – June, July and August are the summer season.
- Tseday (spring) – September, October and November are the spring season sometime known as the harvest season.
- Bega (winter) – December, January and February are the dry season with frost in morning specially in January.
What is the largest region in Ethiopia?
The 2011 census reported the population of Oromia as 35,000,000; this makes it the largest regional state in population. It is also the largest regional state covering 286,612 square kilometers. Oromia.
|Map of Ethiopia showing Oromia|
What is the smallest region in Ethiopia?
Harari Regional State lies in eastern Ethiopia, surrounded by Oromia region. It is the smallest regional state in Ethiopia, both in land mass and population.
What is the meaning of latitude?
Latitude is a measurement on a globe or map of location north or south of the Equator. Given in degrees, minutes, and seconds, geocentric latitude is the arc subtended by an angle at Earth’s centre and measured in a north-south plane poleward from the Equator.
What is the climate of Ethiopia?
Ethiopia is an ecologically diverse country; you can therefore expect several climate zones ranging from tropical savanna in the west to warm desert climate in the east. Generally, the best time to visit Ethiopia is between November and February when clear, sunny days bring regular average temperatures of 25°C (77°F).
Why is Ethiopia so special?
It has the largest population of any landlocked country in the world. With mountains over 4,500 meters high, Ethiopia is the roof of Africa. The painting and crafts are especially unique, and are characterized by the North African and Middle Eastern traditional influences combined with Christian culture.
Is Ethiopia poor or rich?
With more than 112 million people (2019), Ethiopia is the second most populous nation in Africa after Nigeria, and the fastest growing economy in the region. However, it is also one of the poorest, with a per capita income of $850.
What is Ethiopia famous for?
Ethiopia is known as the Cradle of Mankind, with some of the earliest ancestors found buried in the soil. Lucy (3.5 million years old), the most famous fossils found, were unearthed in Hadar. Ethiopia remains one of the only nations in Africa never to be colonized.