- 1 What is the difference between East Africa and Eastern Africa?
- 2 What are the 2 main land types in Africa?
- 3 What is the physical geography of Ethiopia?
- 4 What is the land like in Africa?
- 5 Which country is the richest in East Africa?
- 6 Which country is the best in East Africa?
- 7 What are 3 physical features?
- 8 What is Africa best known for?
- 9 What are 3 major geographical features?
- 10 What is the Ethiopia famous for?
- 11 What are the three main physiographic structure of Ethiopia?
- 12 Why is Ethiopia important?
- 13 What is the richest country in Africa?
- 14 What are the four extreme points of Africa?
- 15 What are 5 facts about Africa?
What is the difference between East Africa and Eastern Africa?
” East Africa ” commonly refers to Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda, and sometimes Rwanda and Burundi, whereas ” Eastern Africa “, a UN scheme of geographic regions, refers to 19 territories throughout the eastern part of Africa: Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, and Somalia – often reckoned as the Horn of Africa.
What are the 2 main land types in Africa?
Africa has eight major physical regions: the Sahara, the Sahel, the Ethiopian Highlands, the savanna, the Swahili Coast, the rain forest, the African Great Lakes, and Southern Africa.
What is the physical geography of Ethiopia?
Ethiopia is a country rich in geographical diversity. It consists of rugged mountains, flat-topped plateaus, deep gorges and river valleys. It is erosion, volcanic eruptions and tectonic movements over the ages that have contributed to the nations diverse topography.
What is the land like in Africa?
In proportion to its size, Africa has fewer high mountains and fewer lowland plains than any other continent. The limited areas above 8,000 feet are either volcanic peaks or resistant massifs. All the land below 500 feet occurs within 500 miles of the coast, except for two small basins in the Sahara.
Which country is the richest in East Africa?
10 | TANZANIA (GDP: $62,224 Billion)
|Rank||Country||GDP Per Capita (International Dollar)|
Which country is the best in East Africa?
Top 5 East African cities the « returnees » appreciate
- Nairobi, Kenya. As one of the most sophisticated and developed urban economies in East Africa, Nairobi is rich in natural assets and human resources and is strategically located to facilitate local and international business.
- Kigali, Rwanda.
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Kampala, Uganda.
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
What are 3 physical features?
Landforms & Physical Features
- Geography Landforms & Physical Features. Our Earth is made up of a many different types of landforms.
- Mountains. Mountains are large, tall, and elevated land areas on the earth’s surface that rise abruptly from the surrounding land area.
What is Africa best known for?
Africa is known for Mount Kilimanjaro, Victoria Falls, Nile river, and game reserves such as the Maasai Mara and Serengeti. Africa is also famous for its diverse ethnic groups, Egyptian Pyramids, the Sahara Desert, Mining, and for being the second driest, and the poorest continent in the world.
What are 3 major geographical features?
Mountains, hills, plateaus, and plains are the four major types of landforms. Minor landforms include buttes, canyons, valleys, and basins. Tectonic plate movement under the Earth can create landforms by pushing up mountains and hills.
What is the Ethiopia famous for?
Ethiopia is known as the Cradle of Mankind, with some of the earliest ancestors found buried in the soil. Lucy (3.5 million years old), the most famous fossils found, were unearthed in Hadar. Ethiopia remains one of the only nations in Africa never to be colonized.
What are the three main physiographic structure of Ethiopia?
physiography of Ethiopia These are the Western Highlands, the Western Lowlands, the Eastern Highlands, the Eastern Lowlands, and the Rift Valley. The Western Highlands are the most extensive and rugged topographic component of Ethiopia.
Why is Ethiopia important?
Ethiopia, Africa’s second most populous country, has suffered military rule, civil war, and catastrophic famine over the past half century. In recent years, it has emerged as a major power in the Horn of Africa, enjoying rapid economic growth and increasing strategic importance in the region.
What is the richest country in Africa?
Nigeria is the richest and most populous country in Africa. The country’s large population of 211 million is a likely contributor to its large GDP. Nigeria is a middle-income, mixed economy and emerging market with growing financial, service, communications, and technology sectors.
What are the four extreme points of Africa?
Now we have the extreme geographic points of Africa – four of them (north, west, south, and east) are the mainland extreme geographic points, and there two extreme island points – Galite Islands on the north, and the easternmost point of Socotra Island.
What are 5 facts about Africa?
- AFRICA IS THE SECOND LARGEST CONTINENT ON EARTH.
- BETWEEN 1500-2000 LANGUAGES ARE SPOKEN IN AFRICA.
- AFRICA IS THE SOURCE OF THE WORLD’S LONGEST RIVER.
- AFRICA IS HOME TO THE WORLD’S OLDEST UNIVERSITY.
- THE RICHEST MAN EVER IS AFRICAN.
- THE WORLD’S LARGEST HOTTEST DESERT IS IN AFRICA.