- 1 What is health monitoring and evaluation?
- 2 What are monitoring and evaluation activities?
- 3 What are the tools for monitoring and evaluation?
- 4 What are the domains of monitoring and evaluation?
- 5 What are the 4 types of evaluation?
- 6 Which are the three basic tools for monitoring?
- 7 What are the steps of monitoring?
- 8 What are the key principles of monitoring and evaluation?
- 9 What is the purpose of M&E plan?
- 10 What are M&E indicators?
- 11 What is M&E framework?
- 12 What are the monitoring tools?
- 13 What are M&E components?
- 14 What makes a good M&E system?
- 15 How monitoring and evaluation is a system?
What is health monitoring and evaluation?
Monitoring and evaluation ( M&E ) is about collecting, storing, analyzing and finally transforming data into strategic information so it can be used to make informed decisions for program management and improvement, policy formulation, and advocacy.
What are monitoring and evaluation activities?
Monitoring and evaluation (often called M&E ) is a combination of data collection and analysis ( monitoring ) and assessing to what extent a program or intervention has, or has not, met its objectives ( evaluation ).
What are the tools for monitoring and evaluation?
Tools or M&E Planning
- Theory of Change.
- Logical Framework (Logframe)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Statistics – Open Datasets.
- System Data.
- Interviews and Focus Groups.
- Sample Size.
What are the domains of monitoring and evaluation?
It comprises four major indicator domains: 1) system inputs and processes, 2) outputs, 3) outcomes, and 4) impact. System inputs, processes and outputs reflect health systems capacity. Outputs, outcomes and impact are the results of investments and reflect health systems performance.
What are the 4 types of evaluation?
The main types of evaluation are process, impact, outcome and summative evaluation.
Which are the three basic tools for monitoring?
There are three basic categories of monitoring; technical monitoring, functional monitoring and business process monitoring.
What are the steps of monitoring?
Five Steps to Successful Monitoring
- 1) Define a Monitoring Project Plan.
- 2) Review IT Capabilities & Requirements.
- 3) Create a Data Collection Plan.
- 4) Develop a Deployment Strategy.
- 5) Go Live with Install & Evaluation.
What are the key principles of monitoring and evaluation?
- Ten Principles of Effective Monitoring and Evaluation.
- of the Implementation of National Anti-corruption Strategies and Action Plans.
- Principle 1 – Sound indicators.
- Principle 2 – Reporting by state bodies.
- Principle 3 – Usage of IT-tools.
- Principle 4 – Incentives for reporting.
- Principle 5 – Monitoring bodies.
What is the purpose of M&E plan?
The purpose of an M&E plan is to encourage project or programme staff to think clearly about what they intend doing in the way of M&E before implementation of a project or programme begins, and to ensure those plans are adequately documented.
What are M&E indicators?
Indicators are things that we can measure. They help to determine whether we have achieved objectives for a specific program or project, or whether we have reached a threshold or trigger for action.
What is M&E framework?
A framework increases understanding of the programme’s goals and objectives, defines the relationships between factors key to implementation, and articulates the internal and external elements that could affect the programme’s success.
What are the monitoring tools?
The 9 Best Server Monitoring Tools To Use in 2019
- ManageEngine OpManager.
- Nagios XI.
- Spiceworks Network Monitor.
What are M&E components?
M&E Plan Components
- Program Description.
- M&E Frameworks.
- Data sources, collection & reporting systems.
- Plans for data use & dissemination.
What makes a good M&E system?
A good M&E system identifies the key issues and root of the problems that you want to address. It must be cost- effective for the operating unit. The M&E system must itself be monitored and updated regularly. It must track and effectively support the policy reform process.
How monitoring and evaluation is a system?
What is an M&E system? In most cases an M&E system refers to all the indicators, tools and processes that you will use to measure if a program has been implemented according to the plan ( monitoring ) and is having the desired result ( evaluation ). An M&E system is often described in a document called an M&E plan.